An interesting job as an interpreter
Learning foreign languages is a good wayself-development and knowledge of the surrounding world, the study of cultural baggage, accumulated by mankind in its entire history. In addition, knowledge of foreign languages allows you to earn good money: work as an interpreterbrings a fairly high permanent or additional income. This is an indisputable fact.
Translation of spoken or written text from one language to another- that's what the job of an interpreter is. It is divided into many specializations: technical translations, literary and artistic, legal, oral, written, simultaneous and so on. Such specialization must necessarily be indicated in the resume submitted for the vacancy of an interpreter.
Work as an interpreter in business
Each organization has business partners forabroad and international projects, or at least it seeks to do so. This task can not be solved without the help of an interpreter: with his help, business negotiations are conducted, all kinds of documents are drawn up. Communication with a variety of people, business trips to different cities of Russia and beyond - this can be a job as an interpreter. ATMoscowor St. Petersburg, it is paid especially high.
Translation of written text - not less thandemanded and responsible activity. Large companies, banks, law firms constantly have to deal with foreign texts on their subject matter. A technical translator, as a rule, chooses one specialization.
It is also possible to work as an interpreter on the Internet. Freelance exchanges, sites for finding remote work provide this opportunity. A remote interpreter is an employee who does the work without signing a long-term contract with the employer, and only deals with a certain list of works. Thus, he has a number of advantages in comparison with a regular interpreter:
- He makes his own schedule. It does not matter at what time he is engaged in it: his task is to fulfill it by the deadline and qualitatively.
- He can refuse the proposed work, if he does not like it, or he is already sufficiently loaded with other projects, or he simply does not have the mood to work at the moment.
- He can do translations constantly, as a basic job, or just make money with their help.
Alas, such a comfortable job as an interpreterhas its own minuses, common to all freelancers. The main ones are the absence of any guarantees.
- Being unofficial, this work can remain unpaid: the customer can happily take the finished text - and disappear.
- Freelance, of course, does not imply a social package: no paid leave, sick leave and weekends.
- It is not always possible to find a sufficient number of orders with a decent payment.
The most popular foreign languages
What languages are better to learn in order to work as an interpreter? The most popular and popular language today is, of course, English. Behind him go German, French and Spanish.