Cervical erosion: symptoms, treatment, folk remedies to combat cervical erosion.
Cervical erosion- A disease that occurs in almost half of women capable of childbirth. Some are not even aware of its existence, since the symptoms do not appear; others, on the contrary, suffer from the disease, forcing them to flee to the hospital and invent non-existent diagnoses. Let's see today what kind of disease it is, where it comes from, how it manifests itself, how it is treated and what to do if you hear such a diagnosis?
The main thing in the article
What is cervical erosion?
Cervical erosion, or as it is now called in medicineectopia- This is a disease of the female internal organs. It has long been debated whether to consider such a state of the cervix as a disease or the normal physiology of women of reproductive age, since in 40 women such a disease is extremely rare.
In medicine, there are several forms of ectopia, namely:
- Congenital. She is observed in young girls and girls who have not yet matured in sexual terms. It appears foci, has a scarlet color and a smooth surface. Typically, inflammatory processes and secretions do not accompany its development, and such formations (ulcers) in 80% of cases pass on their own, without interventions.
- Pseudo-erosion.This form is manifested on the basis of “ripe” ectopia, when the cervix is hypertrophied. The gynecologist, examining the patient, reveals large cysts on the tissues of the cervix. Signs indicating the possible presence of the disease are as follows: a violation of the menstruation cycle, discharge (purulent or bloody), discomfort and pain during sex. A woman can for many years "nurture" this form of the disease.
- True ectopia.It manifests itself as a pronounced red wound on the surface of the cervix. If you touch it, the blood-purulent liquid begins to ooze. It appears mainly due to cervicitis or inflammation. The course of the disease occurs over a period of two, three weeks and during a gynecological examination it can be detected quite rarely.
Symptoms of cervical erosion
Most of all, in case of cervical ectopia, a woman does not observe any symptoms of a possible disease. The only concern is the pressure on the focus of inflammation. This can occur during examination or intercourse. In some cases, the mucous glands located in the uterus increase, which leads to increased secretions, which the woman often does not pay attention to.
The causes of the diseaseI can be:
- inflammatory processes in the genitals;
- hormonal disruptions of the body;
- effects of childbirth or abortion (cervical defects);
- transition from a congenital form to the true one under the influence of any provoking factors.
Diagnosis of cervical erosion
To confirm the disease, a woman must be examined by a gynecologist.
There are several research methods.
- Conduct research using gynecological mirrors.So, the doctor visually sees the defect in the form of a bright red sore or wound on the epithelial tissue.
- Test Krobaka.Using a special probe, a sample is taken from the wound. After checking the tests confirmed the diagnosis.
- Laboratory research.Initially, the gynecologist takes a smear from the surface of the ulcer on the cervix and from the cervical canal (this smear is taken for cytological examination). In cases where there is a suspicion that the form of ectopia is specific (erosion in syphilis), it is recommended to additionally conduct a microbiological study, namely smear microscopy.
- The final point in the diagnosis iscolposcopy.Let's talk about it in more detail.
Primary examination and colposcopy of the cervix
As already mentioned, the initial examination is performed using gynecological mirrors. For the initial examination it is best to purchase special gynecological packages, which include sterile instruments for gynecological examination.
As forcolposcopyThis is a modern gynecological examination of the female vagina, vulva and cervix. For inspection use colposcope. It has special lighting and optical systems. Basically, this procedure is used if, at the initial examination, a non-integral tissue of the cervical mucous membranes was detected, or the smear indicators had significant deviations from the standards.
In order not to miss the development of pathology, colposcopy should be carried out at least once a year, regardless of the indicators and the age of the woman. Colposcopy will help identify any formations, as well as take anomalous cells for biopsy in time.
Before undergoing colposcopy, a woman should do a full examination. This includes a mandatory smear for the presence of pathogenic flora, since the presence of inflammation can distort the resulting colposcopy. If the pathogenic flora is present, the examination can be carried out only after completing the course of anti-inflammatory therapy.
Cytology and biopsy
Cytological examinationconsist in collecting a scraping of cells from the cervical canal and cervix. With the help of a microscope, visualization of scraped cells is carried out. Such a study helps to establish an accurate diagnosis, but is not able to determine the depth of localization of the pathological process. For example, if there is a suspicion of dysplasia, then it is better to give preference to a biopsy, since internal (informative) tissues may not be hooked when taking the materialerosion, and then cytology will not be able to provide all the necessary information about the disease.
Biopsy- This is a modern method of research, it consists in collecting human tumor tissues during life. The main condition for such a study is the integrity of the selected biopsy (pathogenic tissues) for a more thorough examination under a microscope. In order to confirm or refute dysplasia in obstetric-gynecological practice using a radio wave surgical instrument. It works on the principle of a loop, which covers the pathogen formation and cuts it without damaging the cells adjacent to the cut. It is these integral cells that are being investigated.
Treatment of cervical erosion
The main goal of cervical ectopic therapy is the elimination of pathogenic tissues from its surface. Such treatment allows to prevent the regeneration of pathogenic cells and, as a result, prevents the development of cancer.
If the ectopia does not bother and the symptoms do not appear, then there is no need to treat it, because, as we already wrote above, this condition disappears in 2-3 weeks.If there is a risk of developing cancer, then the following surgical treatment methods should be carried out:
- laser destruction;
- reconstructive plastic surgery;
- chemical coagulation;
- pharmacological coagulation;
- non-traditional methods of treatment (traditional medicine, physiotherapy).
Laser coagulation and diathermocoagulation
Laser coagulationtoday it is considered to be the most effective method of therapy. The method consists in the fact that the laser beam heats the surface locally and without contact (burns down the tissue). The gynecologist determines the dosage of the received radiation and the duration of exposure to such coagulation individually. It is also possible to warm to a certain depth, which makes it possible to carry out local cautery. After surgery, the woman recovers faster, enough for 4 weeks.
Diathermocoagulationbased on the fact that the current passes through the tissue. They are heated to the degree of burns at the site of erosion. The operation is painful, because the effect of current causes contraction of tissuesYou can compare this pain with contractions. The operation is not expensive and the apparatus for carrying out such a procedure is available in every gynecological office. The disadvantages of this method of cauterization include excessive damage to healthy tissues, this forms a rough scar or leads to the deformation of the neck, which makes the recovery time longer - up to 6 weeks.
Cryodestruction and chemical coagulation
At the basecryosurgicaltreatment is the local freezing of pathogenic cells. Thanks to it, the frozen tissue erosion is destroyed, the process is not as painful as diathermocoagulation, because the freezing of mucous tissues goes to a smaller depth. The downside is the lack of control of tissue freezing, which leads to a rather long recovery period and discharge. It takes up to 6 weeks to recover.
Chemical coagulationalready considered an obsolete method in the fight against erosion. This method is quite cheap, but ineffective. Based on the direct application in the erosion zone of the solution of Solkovagin, provoking cauterization of damaged tissues.After a few days, the dead tissues are rejected, and healthy cells are restored in their place. In some cases, erosion occurs again at these sites, which leads to additional repeated procedures.
Surgical removal of the cervix in malignant tumors
Surgical removal of the cervixcalledtrachelectomy.Trachelectomy is an operation that is aimed at the amputation of the cervix. Resorted to such actions in the formulation of the following diagnoses:
- malignant education;
- infection during childbirth;
In Western countries, women often resort to this procedure in order to avoid the above diseases, but at the same time preserve reproductive and hormonal functions.
Removal can be performed using the following operations:
- Knife amputation.
- Radio wave conization.
- Laser amputation.
- Ultrasound amputation.
- Radiosurgical technique.
After removal of the cervix, the woman should go to the gynecologist every three months.
Folk remedies for cervical erosion
Erosion Control Tampons
- Gauze folded in several layers and put a teaspoon of honey on it. Twist the gauze so that you get a kind of tampon. It is inserted into the vagina at night. In the morning, do not be alarmed if you find it bloody. Putting such tampons is necessary until complete recovery.
- Prepare a mixture of two teaspoons of aloe juice and the same amount of castor oil, and add one teaspoon of honey. By the above principle, make a tampon. Insert it overnight, treatment duration of two weeks.
- For 4 days, make a pumpkin swab. Wrap cleaned pulp with gauze in a tampon. Enter overnight.
Broths for syringing
- 4 tablespoons of Hypericum pour two liters of hot water. Cook this mixture for 15 minutes, then insist for 30 minutes.
- For morning douching, pour calendula flowers with boiling water and infuse them for half an hour. Strain the liquid used for douching.
- Three liters of boiling water pour 20 g of yarrow and 40 g of rosemary. Douching with this broth to do twice a day.
Whatever treatment method you choose, the main condition is consultation and observation with a gynecologist: this is the only way you can get effective therapy.