How much can you sit at the computer?
The computer has long been used not only for work. He also became a means of communication, entertainment, and learning. However, exposure to radiation and electromagnetic fields can have negative health effects.
So how much can you sit at the computer? The average daily rates of finding a monitor for adults do not exist. After all, representatives of many professions are forced to spend all the working time at the computer. However, there are norms of continuous work at the computer:
- at intensive loads (for example, the operator of a computer set or the programmer) it is necessary to have a rest 10 minutes through each hour of work;
- for the rest of the users a 20-minute rest is needed every two hours.
Continuous work at the monitor leads toproblems with vision, called the computer syndrome. This reduction in visual acuity, the ability to clearly see at different distances, the drying of the surface of the cornea.
Gymnastics for the eyes
To avoid such problems, during breaks, you should perform uncomplicated gymnastics for the eyes:
- sit for a few minutes with closed eyes;
- perform rotation with the eyes (up-down, right-left);
- several times to translate the view from an object located at a distant distance, to an object that is close, etc.
And of course, it is necessary to properly arrange a workinga place. The monitor should be located at eye level, at a distance of 50-70 cm. Lighting should be scattered. Well, a comfortable chair with adjustable back should ensure the correct position of the spine.
Recommendations for children
How much you can sit at the computer for children: preschoolers from 5 years - up to 7 minutes; pupils of junior classes - 10-15 minutes; medium - 20-25 minutes; high school students - 30 minutes.
If for older children there isthe need for longer sessions, you need to take a 10-minute break every half hour. And watch that the computer does not replace the child with other activities and communication with peers and relatives.