How to adjust the plastic windows?
Watch the video
In our time, almost every apartmentthere are plastic windows. But even the best PVC windows eventually start to close badly. The natural wear of window hardware is not the only reason for their poor performance. Problems in the operation of plastic windows can also occur as a result of poor-quality installation.
In addition, in the process of exploitation of plastica window laid along its perimeter rubber sealant with time thins, and the plastic profile itself can be slightly deformed under the influence of the hot rays of the summer sun.
To eliminate minor defectsplastic windows, there is no need to call the master and completely change the hardware and seal. Minor problems can be corrected on their own without involving specialists. To do this, you just need to acquire a tool and read the instructions for adjusting individual parts of plastic windows.
How to adjust windows from PVC
Tools needed for regulation
To adjust the valves and window hinges, you may need
- "G" -shaped hexagonal wrench No. 4;
- slotted screwdriver;
- Phillips screwdriver;
- small oilcan with machine oil.
The main knots that can be adjusted
- Lower rotating window hinge - allows you to adjust the window leaf vertically and adjust its lower angle in the horizontal direction;
- The upper window loop, equipped with a swivel-folding mechanism - allows you to adjust the top of the window leaf horizontally;
- Locking pins, located at the end of the window leaf along its perimeter - allow you to adjust the pressure of the window leaf.
General instructions for adjusting the plastic window
Adjustment of the window sash horizontally
Window adjustment range horizontallyis plus or minus 2 millimeters. The window is adjusted horizontally by a "g" -shaped hexagonal key. These adjustments are made by changing the distance between the leaf and the window loop (top or bottom).
- To adjust the upper loop, open the window and insert the hexagonal key into the hole for it, located on the side of the top hinge.
- Now you need to turn the key slightly in the desireddirection. When the key is turned clockwise, the window leaf will be pulled up to the upper loop, therefore the opposite lower free angle of the window leaf will start to rise and, conversely, by rotating the key counterclockwise, you release the upper part of the leaf and lower the lower corner.
- Similarly, the lower loop -pulling to it the leaf, you will lower the lower free angle, weakening the attraction - lift it. The only difference is that the lower loop can be adjusted even when the window is closed.
Adjusting the sash of the window vertically
Adjusting the window vertically allows fullRaise or lower the window leaf a maximum of two millimeters. In order to do this, you will need a hexagonal key, which we mentioned above.
- Vertical adjustment of the window leaf is carried out by adjusting the lower swivel hinge.
- Carefully remove the plastic cover hidingthe mechanism of the hinged lower hinge. In the upper end of the loop, find the hexagonal hole and insert the key into it. Turning the key clockwise, you will raise the leaf, counterclockwise - lower it.
Adjusting the pressure of the window leaf
In order to adjust the degree of clamping of the sash of the window to the window frame, it is necessary to change the position of the locking pins located at the ends of the sash along its perimeter.
- Open the window and you will see on the end of the metalPlates with slots, of which short steel cylinders protrude - this is the locking trunnions. As a rule, trunnions are arranged as follows - on the lower and upper side of the window leaf by one pin, on the sidesides (where there are hinges and a windowpen) - two. When the window is closed, the trunnions go into the grooves of the pressure pads fixed in the window frame and, after turning the window handle, unfold and engage with the shaped protrusions in the grooves. In this way, the window sash is securely pressed against the frame. Depending on their design, the trunnion can be scrolled with a locating wrench, a slotted screwdriver or with pliers.
- To strengthen the clamp pressure, the pin must be rotated in such a way that its most convex part is slightly displaced to the rubber seal, i.e., it is turned inside the room.
- It is understandable that to loosen the clamping pin, it is necessary to turn in the opposite direction - unfold it with a bulge towards the street.
- In no case can you rotate the trunnions a quarter of a turn - you only need to rotate them a few millimeters to one side or the other.
Adjusting the clamping of window hinges
In windows equipped with flaps, it is possible to adjust the clamp of the upper hinge, equipped with a swing-and-tilt mechanism.
- To adjust the clamp of the upper loop,Open the window in the normal mode and when the window is open, press the lock lever located at the end of the top hinge and turn the window handle to the "Ventilation" position. Do this with your assistant, bothas a result of this manipulation, the upper corner of the window will disconnect from the frame and the leaf will hang on one lower loop.
- While your assistant will hold the window, you can get to the head of the bolt securing the upper corner of the window leaf, and, slightly rotating it with a wrench, adjust the clamp.
- To adjust the lower window hingeit is necessary to close the window tightly, remove the plastic protection from the bottom hinge and, rotating the hexagonal bolt hidden in the canopy, adjust the fitting of the window leaf in the lower corner from the hinge side.
Elimination of other minor defects
- If the window is closed with a creak, and the window handle is turned with difficulty, it is necessary to lubricate all the shut-off valve assemblies with oil - hinges, trunnions and pressure pads;
- If the pen is loose, you only needRaise and rotate the rectangular decorative plate located at the base of the handle by 90 ° and tighten the two screws securing the handle to the window with a Phillips screwdriver.
For more information on how to adjust the windowhandles and troubleshooting in its work read in our article How to adjust windows. If the windows in your house in the winter are very misted up, read our article Sweating windows: what to do.