How to choose a hovercraft?
Hovercraft are very functional,because they can move on any surface due to the use of an air cushion and traction, in the creation of which the air screw participates. For personal purposes, boats with a mass of up to 5 tons are usually chosen. When choosing the appropriate option, you need to estimate how often you will use the vessel, on what surface you will move (water, snow, swamp, sand) - this determines the choice of flexible fencing for your boat. Flexible fencing keeps the compressed air under the bottom of the vessel, controls the unevenness of the surface and prevents the appearance of gaps in the cushion.
When purchasing an air-cushion boat, consider the following points:
- Base material. It can be made of neoprene, polyurethane, PVC. Be prepared for the fact that after a while this base can be replaced, since despite its elasticity and strength, it eventually wears out or becomes damaged.
- Power plant: from it will depend on the pulling force at the start and the speed of the entire ship. You can choose between single-screw and twin-screw systems. A single-screw system has one transmission and one motor, which creates a chain with a minimum number of nodes. Due to this the system takes up less space in the boat, as well as the probability of its breakage. Therefore, a single-screw system is often more reliable than a two-screw system.
- In addition to buying the boat itself, it will be useful to purchase additional parts: a second battery, an auxiliary heater, a radio communication system, a winch, a repair kit.
- Hovercraft may have differentprices, but they do not include segments of the skirt, spare blades, freight trailer. If you purchase a trailer with a load capacity of more than 750 kg, you will need to open an additional category in your driving license.
- Each vessel will need to be registered inState Inspectorate for Small-sized Vessels. Passport of the vehicle and the contract of purchase and sale already allow the buyer to dispose of the boat as property, but in order to use it in full, it will be necessary to put it on the register and get the right to operate a small vessel. To register, you need to contact your GIMS office, which will tell you what documents are needed and what you need to do for registration.
- Remember that this boat is not allowedmove on public roads, in case of violation you will have to pay a fine. If you navigate in forbidden places on the water, the inspector of the GIMS can write you a fine, but you will be able to delay and transport the boat to the parking lot only if you refuse to undergo a medical examination. By land, you can move around in a place not intended for general use.