How to choose a stove for a bath?
In any sauna the furnace is the main element, from itdepends on how well you can steam and heat the water. If you want to replace the old one or look for a new one for a newly built bath, consider its choice responsibly. Modern furnaces for a bath are completely different, but there are several important criteria by which you can identify the most qualitative among them.
- The furnace must have good heat output andwide dynamic range of adjustment. Select the range depending on the volume of the room that you want to heat. You should also take into account the time of the year: in summer, the heating of the sauna will take about half an hour, in winter it will take an average of at least an hour for heating. The time of melting largely depends on the type of bath (frame or built on a log) and its age. For a bare log, you need a more powerful steam room, if you want to warm the bath quickly. The lower the thermal power of the steam room, the longer it will be necessary to warm the sauna. The dynamic range 1:10 is optimal for almost any sauna, for wood-burning stoves it is usually 1: 5. Choose the way to control the power of the furnace. The first option is the adjustment of the transferred fuel for a certain period of time; the second is a restriction on the flow of air; the third - the release of excessive heat into the street. For the wood-burning stove, the first method is not suitable, since combustion is inertial, the second is more effective with a detailed thought of the ash pan, flapper, etc. In the third method, one should open the steam room with open doors.
- The quality furnace has a high-quality heat accumulator and a steam generator to easily create the necessary mode. So you can get either a sauna or a wet Russian bath.
- Material from which the furnace is made: steel, cast iron or brick. From their quality, as well as the thickness of the walls in many ways depends on the life of your stove. This parameter is dominated by chrome-plated steel furnaces - these are the most reliable structures, besides, the inert material in them will not be oxidized, so oxygen will be burned out of the room. At present it is difficult to find furnaces with a cast iron furnace, although cast iron is a wonderful material. A good brick oven is capable of laying down a professional master, which is a little bit now. If you are ready to learn this art, then you can fold the oven yourself in your bathhouse. However, it is not easy to heat it, it is difficult to warm and requires a quality foundation. It is better to buy a wood or electric stove, and then equip it with a brick.
- The position of the furnace and the type of fuel. Heaters have two types of furnaces: conventional or extended for its installation in the opening. In addition to firewood, other types of fuel can be used. Many experts warn of the danger of using gas and electricity, but such options still remain popular, as they do not require the use of firewood and the ability to melt the furnace. The electric stove is simply to be mounted, and only the specialist can install the gas heater.
- Source of steam. In a Russian bath you need a good dry steam, but not every stove can produce it. Modern models are closer to saunas. In the Russian bath you can buy a separate steam generator.