How to disassemble the watering can showerMay 14, 2013
A shower is an indispensable attribute of not only apartments, but also houses and cottages. Even in rural homes, people arrange a summer shower, which allows not only to wash, but also to cheer up and cool off. The watering can on the shower allows you to soften the pressure of the water jet and get a massage effect. Greater pressure will give a tonic effect, and a weaker one will help you relax before going to bed. With frequent use of the shower, there are frequent cases when the watering can get clogged or vice versa begins to leak. In this case, the first thing that comes to mind is to change the spare part, but this is not always justified and not always a new watering can be bought. To solve this problem, information on how to disassemble and repair a new watering can be useful.
There are different designs of shower heads, but in general, the technology for disassembling a watering can looks like this.
- Disassemble the shower head, starting with unscrewing the nozzle. Usually, all elements of this part are fastened with small bolts, so you need to use a screwdriver to unscrew them.
- After spinning the watering can, it is disassembled into the elements and proceed to cleaning the nozzle with water holes - it is usually clogged with limescale, which interferes with the normal flow of water even under conditions of good pressure.
- Sometimes, when disassembling products of low quality, a problem may arise, for example, the bolts will sour and cannot be loosened. That is why when choosing equipment for the shower, it is important to choose reliable and proven manufacturers. The best are products of German and Italian manufacturers.
- If the watering can be disassembled only because of the lime scale, then you can resort to a simpler method. Water is poured into the saucepans, half a teaspoonful of citric acid is added there, brought to a boil, and a watering can is placed there — in a few minutes the limescale will quickly come off and you just have to rinse the part under running water.
- There are also non-separable models of showerheads. If you try to disassemble such a product, it will simply break. Disassemble these watering cans only for repair and before that you should definitely read the attached instructions.
- If the watering can malfunction is that it is leaking (the water starts to hit the fountain not from special holes, but from the points of connection with the hose or from under the nozzle itself), then in this case the situation can also be corrected. In this case, the watering can should be removed, dry well and put in a leaky rubber gasket, and then pour in the same liquid glue and wait until it dries.
- If the cause of the malfunction is that the watering nozzles are clogged with a lime scale, then these holes should be cleaned. You can use a purge or thin wire. But we must act carefully because the material has become brittle due to temperature fluctuations and can easily break. The best option for cleaning is still wire.