How to draw animals in pencil?
Watch the video
Animals are our smaller brothers. On animals it is interesting not only to watch, but also to draw them. You can do this interesting thing - drawing animals - with the child, along the way talking about the beast, its habits, habitat. In this article, let's talk about how to draw animals. We will draw them in stages with a pencil.
How to Draw Animal: Instructions
Consider the drawings of animals madeartists. If you look closely, you can see that every part of the animal's body can be inscribed in some shape. Basically these figures will be circles or ovals of different shapes. For example, the paws are depicted in the form of long narrow ovals, the head can be in the form of a ball.
- Mentally divide the animal's body and drawauxiliary parts are ovals and circles. Keep track of the proportions. Try to depict the ratio of different parts of the body as accurately as possible, otherwise the animal will look disproportionate. Draw the auxiliary lines without pressing strongly on the pencil - after all, after that they will have to be erased.
- Connect the parts, thereby creating an outline of the animal. If it seems to you that the picture is not perfect, make corrections. It is better to do this at this stage, since after this fix it will be more difficult.
- Drawing can begin with the muzzle. Draw eyes, nose and ears. Pay attention to the characteristic features of this animal - for example, the muzzle of a crocodile is not at all like a dog's face. If there is vegetation on the muzzle of the animal, draw a coat with short strokes.
- Next, draw the body of the animal. Once again, clarify the anatomy - is the body proportional to the beast? It all depends on the style of your drawing: if this is an illustration to a fairy tale, for example, then you do not need a naturalistic image; on the contrary, you can use your imagination by drawing an animal, for example, in human clothes.
- Draw details specific to the animal, such as horns, a long tail, a trunk, paw paws, fangs, etc.
- If the animal's body is covered with hair, depict it in long or short strokes, depending on what kind of hair the animal actually has.
- You can color your drawing using colored pencils.
A few more tips you will get from the article How to Draw Animal. See also the section Animals, which tells in detail how to draw different animals.