How to edit a site?
Own site - not at all a rarity, and manyhave their own home pages, and entire portals. Someone does sites himself, but many more people use the services of professional web designers. But the site is a complete project, which is a means of expressing oneself, one's ideas and thoughts. It is required in the constant addition, modification and editing.
How to edit an HTML site
In order to edit a site written inHTML, you need to edit the code directly. Create and delete html documents and create links to them. But there is an option that allows you to significantly simplify your work - these are visual editors.
WYSIWYG is an abbreviation for: "what I see, I get." Modern web designers writing on html, mostly use such editors. The most famous of them is Dreamweaver. It allows not only easy to create, edit pages and manage the structure of the site, but also automatically upload ready-made changes to the Internet.
Dreamweaver is worth a lot of money and to startyou can try alternatives, for example phpDesigner, which is much cheaper, Codelobster which has a free version, or completely free open source editor QUANTA PLUS for linux.
How to edit a CMS site
Very popular in recent years CMS -content management system. These are ready engines of the site with a ready interface, allowing even beginners without knowledge of web design and programming to make a fully functional website, store or social network and easily manage it. Of course, this also requires certain knowledge, in this case, their own for each individual CMS, but they also have common features.
WordPress is the simplest of all CMS, originally intended for creating personal blogs, but it allows you to create and fully functional websites.
Joomla - has more opportunities, but somewhat harder to learn.
Drupal is the most functional and flexible of all CMS, but requires at least basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP for work.
- In order to add a new page to the CMS, you need to create a new menu item.
- To do this, just go to the tab menu of the administrative part of the site, select the desired menu in the list of existing elements, create a new one and give it a name.
- Then go to the content management section(material), click create and make the page, just as it would have been created in the word. And as an address, select the menu item you just created.
- In order to edit the page of the site,just in the content management section, find the one you need and click edit. You will see a ready-made page opened in the editor, where you can make any changes.
- Media data, such as images, must be preloaded on the server.
Answer the question, how to edit the site onhosting and what solutions offer different ways to manage data, allowing you to upload information to the site with maximum convenience. Also, many provide various site designers. Similar services are offered by google, ucoz and many other companies.
How to edit a site on ucoz
Ucoz offers a designer of simple sites, whereto create them you need to follow the instructions. Select a template, create a structure and fill it with content. To edit, just go to the desired section of the site in the administrative mode and make the necessary changes.
Also, information on many of the issues that interests you can be found in the Web Development section.