How to hang the blinds?
Watch the video
Currently, the blinds enjoy a hugepopularity. It will not be difficult to find home roller shutters for every taste and purse, since in stores a huge assortment of "window curtains" is presented. The advantage of using blinds is obvious - they protect the room from direct sunlight, while the construction material does not burn out. In the article you will find the instruction on the installation of blinds on plastic windows.
How to independently hang the blinds on a plastic window
- building level;
- drill with a thin drill;
- Fasteners (if the material is not included in the package).
The process of installing blinds
Measuring the plastic window and choosing the blinds
Due to the fact that the plastic windows can differ in size, you need to make a measurement before buying the blinds.
- Using a tape measure, measure the height and length of the window.
- To the resulting width results, add five centimeterseach side, since the blinds must completely hide the window. At the same time, make sure that future roller blinds do not bite into the frame.
- If you want to install the blinds in the window opening, then, on the contrary, remove from the width of two centimeters.
- In addition, you can hang the blinds on each leaf separately. Make measurements taking into account that the window fittings do not touch the design of the blinds.
- The length of the canvas can choose at your own discretion: the product can be both up to the floor, and up to the level of the window sill.
In any case, you can consult about the size of the blinds with the seller, giving him to calculate the dimensions of the double-glazed windows.
If you buy blinds for a double-leaf window, then ask the specialist for the presence of a lifting mechanism on the right and left side.
Installing the blinds on the plastic window
- Unpack the package with the purchased structure and carefully read the instructions.
- Mark the location of the mounting brackets. Modern blinds have already drilled holes for fasteners, so make markings according to them. For work, use a measuring tape, pencil and building level.
- Attach the mounting brackets to the opening so that the latches are on top. Pre-drill holes in the window with a thin drill.
- Then insert the container from the blinds and close the clips of the bracket.
- Check the work on the accuracy of fit and strength of attachment: the container should be easily removed, but the brackets should be firmly attached to the window.
- Then you need to do installation worklower holders. For this, it is necessary to lower the blinds' blades downward and to indicate that the curtain is taut (but not hanging).
- Drill the holes for the holders, and thenscrew them with screws. Holders are necessary for the blinds to sit tightly on the window during the ventilation of the room. If necessary, raise the curtain upwards, you need to pull the bottom of the canvas from the lower holders.
- The shutters are controlled by a nylon cord. To rotate the blinds, use the plastic control lever.
How to hang a blind on a plastic window without drilling
If you do not want to leave holes in the windowframe, then you can use the blinds, the design of which allows you to fix the product without using a drill. If you are going to stop on this method of installing blinds, then before purchasing the "window curtains" consult with a specialist. Let the seller help you decide on the choice of blinds, because not all types are designed for this method.
The technology of fastening the blinds is to glue the product to the window frame or to use the folding brackets.
- First of all, it is necessary to degrease the working surface before installation (for example, acetone).
- Then make sure that the frame is not cold. Otherwise, it is recommended to heat the surface with a hair dryer.
- Glue the product on a double-sided adhesive tape, glue or magnet, depending on the type of attachment.
Mounting of blinds to brackets
The flange bracket operates according to the clamp principle. To hang the blinds on the window, you only need to fix the bracket on the sash of the window and fix the roll with the cloth.
Perhaps you will find it interesting to read another article on the installation of a windowdesigns - How to install blinds.
We remind that the choice of blinds on plastic windowswithout drilling does not involve much effort. In addition to the complete set of detailed instructions are enclosed with the installation rules. Such products are easy to use and have a light weight and compact size.
If you decide to hang the blinds on a plastic window using a drill, then pay attention to careful measurement of the window and marking. When drilling, use a small diameter drill.
If you doubt your abilities, contactfor help to qualified specialists. They will not only make all the measurements and install the construction, but also provide a guarantee for the work done.