How to make cheese at home?
If the shop cheese has ceased to like, hasmeaning to do it at home. It will turn out very tasty, and means for its preparation will be spent much less. Below you will find several recipes for making cheese at home.
How to cook homemade mascarpone cheese
Mascarpone - a real godsend for any mistress,because it can be added to many dishes, including desserts. In the store, this sort of cheese is very expensive, but it can be cooked at home. This will require the following products:
- 800 ml sour cream 20%;
- 200 ml of fatty cream or milk;
- 20 ml of lemon juice.
- Take a saucepan, pour in it sour cream and milk, mix these ingredients well and put on slow fire. Heat the mass to 75 degrees, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the lemon juice. Wait 2 minutes for the mass to curdle and turn off the fire. Leave the cheese mass to cool. Take gauze, fold it in several layers, lightly moisten in water, put in a colander. Strain the cheese mass and leave for an hour to remove excess liquid from it.
- After this time, press the cheese. Do not spare the forces, the finished product should turn out to be dense. Keep mascarpone in the refrigerator.
Make this variety of cheese at home is not difficult, but you can use it in cooking all kinds of dishes.
How to make cheese at home from milk
Reflecting on how to make cheese from milk inhome conditions, you can pay attention to a variety such as mozzarella. It turns out very tasty and nutritious. To make it, you need these products:
- 2 liters of fatty milk;
- 2 liters of water;
- 20 g of salt;
- 20 ml of lemon juice;
- ¼ tsp pepsin.
- Dilute pepsin in 125 ml of water. Heat the milk in a saucepan to 60 degrees, pour the lemon juice, enzyme solution. Stir all the ingredients.
- After that, you can see how the serum separates. This process should be fully completed, but in this case, do not bring the mass to a boil.
- In the end, you should get a hot cheese mass. Press it with your hands and put it in a container. After this, heat the serum to 90 degrees, turn off the fire, season with salt and dip the cheese into it for 3 minutes.
- Then press the cheese and put it into the container. That's all, mozzarella is ready. When it cools, you can take a sample.
As you can see, making cheese at home is not difficult, we need only attentiveness and perseverance. Bon Appetit!
More recipes for cooking cheese at home you will find in our article - How to make homemade cheese.