How to make polymer clay?
Polymer clay is a unique material, withwith which you can create your own decorations, statuettes, small vases, charms and various knick-knacks. To date, many people dream of learning how to process this material, so the question arises: "How to make the polymer clay itself?"
First, you need to figure out what you can make this kind of clay.
In the course of the work you will need:
- 250 grams of cornstarch;
- 250 grams of dry glue "PVA";
- 2 tablespoons of natural lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon of petroleum jelly;
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat hand cream without silicone;
- Spoon for mixing clay;
- Plastic spatula;
- Polyethylene film;
- Substrate for rolling.
From the prepared ingredients after mixing it will be possible to obtain approximately 350 grams of plastic mass.
- The first ingredient that is immersed in a container- this is starch. After that, glue and petrolatum are added. All components are thoroughly mixed until a uniform consistency is formed. At the very end, lemon juice is added, after addition of which, the material is mixed and brought to a homogeneous plastic mass.
- The resulting consistency is placed in themicrowave oven. The first heating is approximately 30 seconds at maximum power, after which the mass must be thoroughly mixed and again sent to the microwave for the same period of time.
- While the consistency is warming up inmicrowave oven, it is necessary to prepare a substrate and a bowl on which the resulting mass will be laid out. To do this, a low-fat hand cream is applied to the surface of the used container.
- The mass is then extracted from the microwave oven andlaid out in a pre-lubricated bowl. The high temperature of the furnace often forms a thin crust on the material, so before solidification begins, it is necessary to remove the hardened clay. The soft consistency is placed on the plate and is kneaded for five minutes until an elastic and flexible material forms.
- The material is practically ready for use. It remains only to wrap the clay in the fabric web to extract moisture residues and give the polymer clay a shape for more convenient storage.
- After completely cooling the material, you can start modeling. This material allows you to realize your own ideas and create your own unique crafts.
A few tips:
- Polymer clay should be stored tightlyclosed tank (plastic tray or box with tightly closed lids). To maximize the storage rules, the tank must also be wrapped with polyethylene or a filling film.
- To create a color material at the time of mixing, oil paint or food colorings are added. To create bright colors, you should not save on coloring matter.
- If during manufacture you have turned out morehard clay, do not recycle the material and start kneading the new one. To soften the clay it is necessary to reheat it and mix it with the addition of cream or petroleum jelly.
- If you need to get a liquid mass, you need to use a special softener-plasticizer clay, which can be purchased at a specialized store.
If you doubt the correctness of the work you are doing, watch a video on how to make polymer clay yourself, and you can make the right version of polymer clay.