How to paste a protective film?
Watch the video
Using a protective film allows you to savescreen your gadget against scratches and cracks. The larger the screen, the more likely it will be damaged and lose its appearance. From this article you will learn how to correctly apply a protective film.
Dry way to glue the protective film
Before proceeding to the procedure, select the optimum place for gluing. Ideally, the room should be with a high level of humidity. Therefore, gluing the film is best in the bathroom.
In order to prevent dirt and small villi from getting on the protective film, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. When gluing the film, try not to touch its adhesive backing.
So, let's start the process of gluing the protective film on the screen of the device:
- Clean the screen of the device from dust, prints andother contaminants. Usually in the complete set with a film there is a special rag from a material of a microfiber. Also, to remove contaminants, you can use a piece of velvet or chintz or special napkins designed to care for the screens of liquid crystal monitors. To avoid the appearance of bubbles during gluing, even small particles of dust and dirt should be removed from the screen, the screen should be perfectly clean. In order to evaluate the purity of the screen, bring the device to a bright light source.
- Remove the film from the packaging. Note that it is equipped with two protective layers, which are numbered 1 and 2.
- Carefully separate layer 1 from the protectivefilm and start applying to the gadget screen. Align the film with the screen to match the width and height. Then remove the fully protective layer and glue the film to the screen. To prevent bubbles from forming during gluing, glue the film gradually downwards, ironing the glued part with a napkin. If small bubbles of air are still formed under the film, they will disappear themselves with time. If you have formed too many bubbles or you have glued the film unevenly, you can remove it from the screen and paste it again. The main thing is to keep the glue base clean.
- Also included with the film is a specialscraper. With its help, you can drive out the formed air bubbles. Swipe from top to bottom of your screen, aligning the film. This scraper can replace the usual bank plastic card.
- Next, remove the protective layer number 2.
- Wipe the screen with a tissue.
Wet method of gluing the protective film
It should be noted that this method of gluing is very risky, since the probability of getting water to the device is very high.
- Completely remove layer 1 from the protective film.
- Dampen the film under water and shake.
- Then start sticking the film to the screen. Using a scraper or plastic card, remove the remaining drops of water from under the film.
- Clear the layer number 2.
- Wipe the screen with a tissue.
With this method of film application, you will get rid of all dirt and dust, but the risk of moisture entering the device is great.
Paid method of gluing the protective film
In order not to worry about the safety of your gadget, as well as the quality of the film, you can entrust this procedure to specialists for a fee.
If you still decided to paste the protective film yourself, then study also our following articles:
- How to stick a film on the phone
- How to paste a film on a tablet
- How to stick a film on iPhone
- How to stick a film without bubbles
In addition, on our page you will find a video that shows how to properly attach the protective film to the screen of the device.
Tips for applying a protective film to the screen
- If you perform this procedure in the bathroomroom, then before gluing the film, pass through the tap hot water for a few minutes to make room in the room. The resulting vapor will help to remove the dirt more carefully from the screen;
- In order to remove dirt from the screen,you can use paper scotch. It will remove more contaminants than a normal piece of cloth. If after you have pasted a film, under it there were motes, then just bend a part of the film and remove the dust with the help of an adhesive tape;
- Particles of dust and villi, trapped under the film, will become less noticeable over time.