How to raise fps?
Fps reflects the number of frames per second. This is one of the game performance indicators. When fps becomes low, the game noticeably slows down and this causes irreparable damage to the game process.
How to raise the level of fps
To find the value of fps read the article How to find FPS.
The main reason for low fps isgraphics processor load. And hence the main way to increase the frame rate, namely, reducing the load on the video card. To reduce the load, you need to disable or reduce the value of resource-intensive functions, such as:
- HDR effects,
These are the functions, the disabling of which contributesincrease the frame rate while not affecting the gameplay. Yes, the picture will not be so beautiful and saturated. Water will not be so cool to shine and will not reflect objects. But the gameplay will become smoother, hangs, jerks and teleports will stop.
- Another option is to disable vertical synchronization.
- Reducing the value of the drawing range. Unfortunately, there are not all games, but where there is a decrease in this value, you can significantly affect the processing speed of graphics, and as a result, raise fps in games.
- Remove support for shredders. Shredders are responsible for smooth drawing, this technology allows you to gradually paint over objects when changing the distance and change the colors, which makes the picture more realistic, and the video is more "soft." But without it you can easily do without.
- If fps has not grown enough, you can lowerscreen resolution. This step significantly affects the deterioration of image quality, but sometimes it is necessary. It should be retained at the end, and beforehand try all other options.
- Optimizing the size of the paging file is the main requirement after setting up the GPU. The swap file exists not only in windows, but also in Linux, where it is called swap.
- If the paging file is disabled, connect it. If its size is 200-500 mb, try increasing it two, three, four times. You can set the value equal to or 1.5-2 times the size of RAM, of course, you can and more, but this is unlikely to be effective.
- Install the latest driver versions on the video card, motherboard and graphics processor.
- Optimizing the operation of the operating system. This can be done with the help of specialized programs for optimization and tuning. This can significantly increase system performance and answer how to raise fps on a laptop, which is usually somewhat weaker than desktop computers.
- In windows, you can connect a flash drive as a RAM, which can significantly increase performance. It should be understood that this will greatly reduce the life time of the flash drive.
On this topic, you can read the article How to increase fps.