Sony Xperia: how to set up the Internet?
Watch the video
The manufacturer recommends connecting the Internet parameters on the Sony Xperia series phones manually. Consider how to connect and configure the Internet on Sony Xperia.
Loading network settings
In order to properly configure the Internet on the Sony Xperia, you need to download the settings for connecting to the network. For this you need:
- From the main menu, select "Options".
- Then go to the "Sony Ericsson" and select "Download settings." Select your service provider and click OK.
- Now you can proceed to setupnetwork settings. Again, select "Settings" from the main menu, then click the "Wireless and networks" command, then go to the "Mobile networks" menu and select "Access point name".
- Press the "Menu" button, select a new access point, enter the name of the point and click "Create".
- Click the "APN" command, enter the name of the access point, and click "OK."
You will also need to enter other information,for example, your postal address, your name, surname, patronymic and other parameters. Save your changes. If you have problems with the communication settings, you can contact your operator to resend the settings.
Connecting to a wireless network
If you want to connect to the Internet through the wi-fi module, then you need to configure the connection to the network via wi-fi.
- To do this, go to "Settings" in the main menu and select "Wireless network connection".
- Select "wi-fi settings", tick "wi-fi" and you will see the available networks.
- In order for your phone to be identified by a wi-fi point, you need to find the "MAC address" in the phone's settings and enter it into the computer in order to allow your device access to the Wi-Fi point.
If after exiting the sleep mode, your phonedoes not detect a wi-fi point, you need to go to the "wi-fi settings" menu and click on "Additional functions". In the "Advanced Functions" you can set the so-called sleep rules, in which you can set the automatic detection of the wi-fi point.
If you do not want your phone to be tiedto one ip-address, then in the "Additional settings" you need to disable the binding to the static ip-address. Then your phone will detect a free network with the best signal and automatically connect to it. Do not forget to save the changes every time you exit the menu.