Than to treat a fungus of fingernails or nails?
Watch the video
Nail fungus is a common fungaldisease, another name - onychomycosis. Fungus affects the nail plate and leads to its gradual destruction. There is such a disease due to contact with fungi-dermatophytes: Epidermophyton floccosum, Trichophyton tonsurans, Trichophyton interdigitale, Trichophyton rubrum.
Causes of fungus
Fungus of hands and feet occurs afterthere was a household contact with the causative agent of the disease. It can be present on shoes, towels, washcloths, bath mats, manicure accessories and other items that the infected person previously touched. Also, there is a high probability of picking up nail fungus in baths, saunas, gyms and other public places, since there is very poor disinfection of the surface.
The likelihood of such a disease is high in the following cases:
- low immunity;
- poor personal hygiene;
- wearing old and dirty clothes;
- flat feet;
- cracks in the skin and nails;
- cardiovascular diseases or diabetes;
- increased sweating of hands and feet.
Symptoms of Nail Fungus
To know that you have caught a fungus of nails, the following symptoms will help:
- change the color of the nail: usually on the plate can be observed brown,milk and yellow spots of different sizes;
- a change in the structure of the nail: the patient can note that the plate has become delaminated, crumbled, porosity has appeared;
- thickening of the nail;
- defeat of the skin next to the nail plate;
- partial or complete destruction of the nail.
Having noticed such symptoms in oneself, it is important to start treatment as soon as possible - only then it will be possible to avoid its spread and complications.
Treatment of nail fungus
Before you start to treat the nail fungus, it is importantto visit a dermatologist, so that he conducted a professional diagnosis and prescribed medications, because they can overcome onychomycosis. But it is important to understand that it will not be possible to get rid quickly of the fungus, since the treatment involves not only the removal of the symptoms of the disease, but the complete destruction of its pathogens.
For the treatment of onychomycosis, a wide selection of antifungal agents is now available. They are presented in the form of drops, ointments, tablets, capsules and even patches. Among them are the following:
In addition to the use of antifungal drugs, it is important to take drugs aimed at strengthening the body's immune forces and maintaining the natural intestinal microflora.
Often in the treatment of fungus in parallel use traditional medicine. They are quite effective and are excellent for complex therapy.
- Take in equal proportions the oil of lavender and tea tree. The product is applied several times a day to the affected nail plate and the area near it.
- Take a piece of a tea mushroom, attach toto the damaged nail, cover all with cellophane and bandage. Withstand the compress for 12 hours. Then, clean your finger of the softened pieces of nail, and then wash it in a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Doing such compresses is required for several weeks.
- Wash potato peel and boil. Cut it with a fork and apply as a compress for the night. The course of treatment should be at least 1 month.
Additional tips to help you get rid of onychomycosis, you will find in the article - How to cure nails from fungus.
Prevention of disease
To protect yourself from the fungus of nails, you must follow the following simple rules:
- Walk on the beach only in slippers.
- Wear shoes when visiting gyms, saunas, swimming pools and baths.
- After washing your feet and hands, wipe them thoroughly. If possible, then treat with prophylactic antifungal talc or cream;
- Every day, change stockings and socks.
- Do not wear other people's things and shoes.
It is also recommended to watch a cognitive video on this topic, you can find it on the same page.