The nerve pinched, what to do?
Clamping, intervertebral disc, muscles, nervousbranch, accompanied by aching or harsh pain, is called nerve pincering. Most often, the nerve is entrapped in the lumbar or cervical spine.
When it comes to a pinched nerve,implies paroxysmal pain in the neck, back or waist. But you should know that jamming can provoke a disruption of the work of all internal organs or, even, numbness of muscles. If there is a pinching of the sensory nerve, then there is a sharp pain, and you need to urgently go to the doctor. If the vegetative or motor nerve is trapped, the pain is not so intense and patients prefer not to pay attention to it. In the near future such an attitude will cause complications.
Treatment of a clamped nerve
- To cure the pinching of the nerve, it is necessary, first of all, to release it from the clench. To do this, use:
- manual therapy,
- general and acupressure,
- shock wave therapy,
If there is no hernia or protrusion, then the pain syndrome is easily suppressed with the help of manual therapy.
- But you should not only remove pain, but also restore all the functions of the jammed nerve. Nervous impulses should freely reach him.
- It is important to eliminate the cause of the nerve.
- When treating a pinch, you need to take a course to restore the health of the entire spine.
Factors affecting the pinching of the nerve
- The reason that affected the jam.
- The place where the nerve was pinched.
- Which nerve has become infected, vegetative, sensitive, motor.
- The main symptom of pinching is the pain in the place where the pinching occurred. The pain is stitching, burning, cutting, shooting, paroxysmal, permanent.
- If the nerve, which is in the lumbar region, is pinched, then the patient complains of acute painful lumbago, which gives to the thigh, buttock, leg.
- If the nerve in the cervical region of the vertebra is pinched, the patient feels pain that rises in the shoulder, under the shoulder blade or forearm, and can be strengthened by moving the neck or head.
- Pinching of the nerve can be accompanied by a violation of cerebral circulation. This is indicated by dizziness, pressure drop, headache, impaired vision or hearing.
- If the nerve is trapped in the thoracic region, then pain is felt, such as intercostal neuralgia. There is pain in the region of the heart.
Pinched nerve. Causes
- The most common cause of nerve pincers can be a disease, such as osteochondrosis or a herniated disc.
- With osteochondrosis, the height of the gap between the vertebrae decreases and because of this, the vertebral body contracts the nerve.
- Still, with this disease, a disc may fall out or protrude, and this too is fraught with a pinched nerve.
- Just pinch can occur because of subluxation or displacement of the vertebrae. Pain sensations are eliminated with the help of osteopathy or manual therapy.
First aid for pinching the nerve
If a person has a nerve, and a pinchaccompanied by severe pain, then you need, of course, to call an ambulance. But, before the arrival of specialists try to facilitate, if possible, the state. So, let's look at what to do in case of a strong attack of pain.
- Put the patient on a flat, firm surface, calm. Let the person choose the position in which emu is most comfortable.
- Give the patient any pain medication.
- You can give a drink a sedative. After all, a person experienced stress.
- If there is a pinching of the cervical nerves, thenand the blood vessels are also jammed. In this case, respiratory system disorders are possible. For relief, loosen the chest from clothing and open the window. Fresh air is needed.
- Treatment of a pinched nerve must certainly be prescribed by a specialist. Do not forget to call an ambulance.
Now you know what symptoms indicate that the nerve was pinched, what to do if you are jammed and how to give yourself first aid.