What causes diarrhea?
Diarrhea or diarrhea is a very unpleasant thing, andso many are concerned about the question of what diarrhea is. Advertising in the media recently replaced us with a trip to the doctor, because ten times a day we see commercials that tell us what and what to treat. But this is fundamentally wrong, because before you treat the disease, you need to find out what its cause is. Diarrhea affects both adults and children, so let's try to consider the causes of this disease in both of them.
Diarrhea in adults
Often, diarrhea is a consequence of acute or chronic colitis or enteritis. Diarrhea is the following: infectious, alimentary, dyspeptic, toxic, medicamentous and neurogenic.
- Infectious diarrhea happens in dysentery, salmonellosis, food infections, etc.
- Alimentary diarrhea occurs as a result of a constant disturbance of human nutrition, with a poor diet, with allergies to certain types of food or medicine.
- Dyspeptic diarrhea occurs when there is a digestive disorder, when a person has stomach, pancreas, liver or intestinal disease.
- Toxic diarrhea can result from poisoning of the body with chemicals, for example, arsenic or mercury, or as a result of renal failure.
- Drug-induced diarrhea occurs with prolonged exposure to the body of drugs, for example, antibiotics, resulting in a dysbacteriosis.
- Neurogenic diarrhea occurs in people due to anxiety or fear.
Diarrhea in children
The causes of diarrhea in very young children are slightly different. The mothers of babies who are breastfeeding must know for sure what their children may suffer from diarrhea. It can occur when:
- incorrect introduction of complementary foods or reaction to it;
- malnutrition of the mother herself;
- intestinal infections;
- diseases of the digestive tract;
- introduction of medicines.
This is the main reason why diarrheaappears in toddlers. Each mother should know that prolonged diarrhea in young children can lead to dehydration of the body, so prolonged diarrhea in infants becomes more dangerous disease than in adults.
When diarrhea in children need to call a doctor, deletefrom the diet of fresh vegetables and fruits, juices, dairy products, foods rich in fiber, fatty, salty and sweet foods, the child is more likely to drink. Breastfeeding should be left breastfeeding, eliminating the last lure, and also mum should exclude from the diet all of the above products. Treatment should appoint only a doctor. From folk remedies you can use a decoction of rice, chamomile, pomegranate or dried blueberries. You can give drugs like "Enterosgelya", antibiotics can not be given.
In general, diarrhea is not only unpleasant, but alsoIt is dangerous, as it is sometimes a sign of a serious illness. Therefore, if you have frequent or prolonged diarrhea, then you have a direct road to the gastroenterologist. Of course, no one is insured against accidental digestive disorders, and if you know that this sometimes happens to you, then it makes sense to put a package of antidiarrhoea in your purse. To the chair of their children is to be taken much more seriously, because for children, especially small children, this is a serious illness, which, incidentally, is often hospitalized in a hospital. In general, the disease is easier to prevent than treat, so be careful to yourself and be always healthy!