What is constipation?
Constipation is not complete, slow or difficult bowel movement, which can be caused by a variety of different causes, which we will talk about a little later.
Until now, gastroenterologists have not come to a singleopinion in a dispute about what constipation is - a separate illness or a symptom of other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Recently, because of the intense rhythm of life, constant stresses and malnutrition, an increasing number of people are to some extent suffering from constipation, which is no longer only a medical, but also a serious social problem of modern urbanized society. Therefore, each person should at least in general terms know the main symptoms of constipation, in time to see a doctor, adjust the diet, undergo the necessary treatment and prevent the development of complications caused by long-standing chronic constipation.
Symptoms of constipation
- Emptying bowels less than three times a week.
- Strong straining during each act of defecation.
- A small amount of feces released during defecation.
- Increased dryness and stool hardness
- Feeling of raspiraniya in the intestine, bloating, flatulence.
- Decreased appetite, eructation, unpleasant taste in the mouth.
- Decreased performance, lethargy, frequent headaches.
- Deterioration of the skin - the skin becomes flabby and pale, sometimes acquires an unhealthy, yellowish hue.
In order to successfully deal with constipation, one must know the causes of their constipation.
The main causes of constipation
- Inadequate diet - lack of foodfiber in food, lack of liquids drunk per day, excessive entrainment of smoked, fatty and fried, excessive consumption of chocolate and fresh baked goods.
- Insufficient physical activity, mostly sedentary lifestyle.
- Frequent physical or emotional stress.
- Delays in visiting the toilet due to work or being on the road.
- Hemorrhoids or anal fissures that cause severe pain during defecation.
- Excessive passion for all kinds of laxatives.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Functional disorders in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, which cause dyskinesia of the intestine.
- Organic changes in the intestine - tumors, polyps, etc.