What is the address bar?
People who are just beginning to learn the basicsInternet, many terms from this field are not clear. For example, not everyone will be able to explain what the address line is, where it is located and why it is needed.
What is the address line for?
The address line is a text field thatis located at the very top of the browser. In the address bar, the address of the site or web page on which the user is currently located or on which it is going to be transferred is registered. So, for example, if you go to the main page of our site, then in the address bar you will see the following - elhow.ru. Example of the address of a particular web page before your eyes - just look at the narrow browser window at the top of this page:
Address line, as we have already said,is intended for input of the address of a site or a concrete web page. The address in the line is written in the form of a URL (Uniform Resource Location) - the standard way of recording a website or a web page on the Internet. To get to the site or page, after entering the address into the address bar, you must press the Enter button, and you will move to the specified address.
Useful tips for beginners
It will also be useful for beginners to know the following:
- If you want to copy the address in the addressstring, and then paste it in some other place (for example, save it in a text document or send it to someone in the message), do the following: insert the cursor in the address bar box, then simultaneously press the Ctrl + A key combination, then Ctrl + C , then move to where you want to insert the address, and press Ctrl + V.
- Modern browsers use "smart"address bar. Many users often confuse the concepts of "address bar" and "search string" by entering verbal queries in the address bar. Previously, the address bar was intended solely for inputting addresses in URL format, but now the user can enter in this field the query of interest in the form of ordinary words (examples: "why it's cold in winter", "watch movie online", "desktop wallpaper"). , press Enter, and the search engine will produce results on request.
- The address bar in each particular browser has its own peculiarities, it can be customized in various ways.
- So, for example, if you need information on how to set up a search in the address bar, then general short instructions on this subject can be found here.
- If you use the Mozilla Firefox browser, you will find a lot of useful information about the address bar in this browser on this page.
- And if you prefer Google Chrome, then you can use the information presented on this page.