What is the rosary for?
The first mention of the beads is found in the secondmillennium BC in ancient India. The design of the beads is as follows: a cord or rope in the shape of a circle, and beads or grains are strung on it. Possible additions in the form of several beads at the end of the rope. Materials for making the warp are threads, ropes, cords, leather. Grain beads can be made from any material, from wood to precious stones.
In every religion, the number of beads, appearance, and material of the rosaries differ from each other. Why do we need rosaries in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Old Believers?
- For the account. To count the stanzas of prayers, the number of bows, religious movements. The read mantras are separated by a bone or grain, and the pendants increase the set of numbers.
- For a reminder of the incessant prayer.
- For rhythm, by brute force, a rhythm is given.
- For a better concentration of the praying. Beating the beads concentrates attention.
- The embodiment of the symbol of harmony.
- To distinguish each faith.
- To cure diseases. This is unlikely, but the power of suggestion sometimes works wonders.
Wear rosaries on your finger, on your wrists, in your hands, wrap them around your arm, store them in a special bag (pear) or put them around your neck in the form of a necklace.
But rosaries are used not only by ministers of religion. Rosary can be a fashionable accessory, reflect a certain style. The analogue of the beads are bracelets, beads, talismans.
Beads have a completely different, non-religious purpose. This is a Greek flounder, it is used for entertainment and games, sometimes just to relax.
Rosary can be an excellent gift for family and friends. They can serve as a reminder of you or be just a souvenir.
Thus, we tried to disclose in different versions, for which the rosaries are used. For what you need them, decide for yourself.