What to do BOOTMGR is missing?
This article is about not quite ordinarya problem that does not arise very often. We will deal with you with what to do if we see on the screen such an inscription: BOOTMGR is missing. So:
BOOTMGR is missing - steps to fix!
This error occurs when you start Windows andindicates that the system loader is not functioning correctly. To overcome the problem, you need to do the following (an example for the Windows 7 operating system):
- Place the Windows 7 startup disk or the recovery disk in the drive.
- Use the Ctrl-Alt-Delete shortcut to invoke the Task Manager.
- Restart the computer and during the restart, press the Delete key. After that, you will end up in the CMOS Setup Utility.
Select the method to boot the computer from the disk and save the changes. Start the download.
- When the Windows Boot Manager window appears, select the Windows Setup option (EMS Enabled) and press the Enter key.
- Then the necessary files will be downloaded from the disk.
- When requesting a choice of language, you can put any.
- Next, you need to set the radio button to use Windows. Then click Next. That's what to do.
- After the System Recovery Options window appears, select Command Prompt.
- Next, you need to access the command interpreter window and type bootsect / nt60 ALL after the windows / system32 line.
- After that, a message will appear.
- Then type exit and press Enter.
- Click Restart in the Systme Recovery Options window.
- After rebooting the computer, you must return to the CMOS Setup Utility with the Delete command.
- You need to set the computer to boot this time from the hard drive.
- Now save your changes and start downloading.
As a result of the proposed actions and inDepending on the accuracy of their implementation, you, for sure, will be able to overcome the current situation. If it did not work out, then it's best to ask for help from experts in the field of computer technology. In order to avoid cases of damage to property, this approach to the problem is most appropriate.