Who is a sociopath?
Sociopathy is one of the mental disorders,arising from adverse living conditions, negative environmental impact, inappropriate education. Pathology can occur at any age, but the most vulnerable category is children. Sociopathy manifests itself in ignoring social norms, impulsive behavior, aggressiveness, inability to form attachments.
How to understand a sociopath person or not? Determine the mental state of a person and make an accurate diagnosis can only be a qualified psychologist. However, there are a number of features that are characteristic of the sociopath:
- Unexpected and inadequate actions. Sociopaths can completely ignore social norms and the generally accepted framework of behavior. Their actions are often associated with a risk to themselves and others. They do not think about the consequences at all, taking this or that decision.
- Constant lie. Sociopaths constantly tell lies, even without special need. The most incredible stories they tell so plausibly that it is very difficult to convict them of lies.
- Criminal behavior. In especially difficult cases, sociopaths go against the law. Their behavior is characterized by insolence, adventurism, cruelty. A sociopath can become a professional fraudster, a thief and even a murderer.
- No sense of guilt or shame. Sociopaths are not familiar with conscience flours, they never repent of their actions, no matter how bad physical or moral consequences they had.
- Manipulation by people. The sociopath often gathers around him a group of weak-minded individuals, for whom he is the leader. Using their passive life position, it affects their thoughts and actions and uses them for their own purposes.
- Indifference to people. Sociopaths are not able to build close relationships with people, because they do not feel love, sympathy, respect, pity and other human feelings for them. They are not interested in anyone but themselves.
The listed signs can to some extentbe inherent in any person, but in sociopaths they are more pronounced. Thinking about who a sociopath is, you should not diagnose someone from your friends, discovering his characteristic signs.