Why did Putin sign a decree on military gathering of reservists in 2018
Immediately after the re-election of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin on the official Internet portal of the Government of the Russian Federation, he signed a decree “On the call of citizens of the Russian Federation in the reserve for military training in 2018” dated 03.19.2018.
Immediately, rumors and gossip began around the document — would all reservists need to leave their homes and go to work, albeit temporary? In order to eliminate any misunderstandings once and for all, it is necessary to figure out why the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the Russian Federation adopted such a legislative act.
The Decree, consisting of only 6 points, states that in 2018 Russian citizens in reserve will be called upon to pass fees for a period of up to 2 months. The right to establish time limits for their conduct was received by the executive authorities, unless they are determined by the Ministry of Defense of the country personally. It is noted that reservists will be employed to work in the structures of the Armed Forces, the FSO or the FSB.The decree has acquired legal force from the day of its signing and publication, and, therefore, is in force right now.
It should be noted that this legislative act is only an addition to the fundamental Federal Law No. 53 of 03/28/1998 "On conscription and military service." It is here, in section 8 of Art. 51.2 ff, it is indicated who falls under the term “stock” or “reserve” are citizens who have entered into a contract with the Ministry of Defense or any other executive body dealing with the issues of service.
The person acting as a representative of the interests of a state institution is the commander (chief) of the unit. In this case, the citizen is completely free in his decision - the contract lists all the conditions of cooperation, such as: the need to stay in reserve for a fixed period, the willingness to faithfully fulfill the duties of a reservist, the opportunity to receive various compensation and social guarantees in this regard. If a person puts his signature on the document, he is enlisted in the stock on a voluntary basis.
However, this is only one part.In addition to the mobilization of the human reserve (on a contractual basis), there are those citizens who are automatically assigned to the "mobilization human resource." In Art. 52 FZ №53 states that belong to this category:
- Dismissed from service with enrollment.
- Young people who have successfully graduated from either military universities, institutes and other specialized educational institutions (these are sergeants, foremen, sailors, etc.), or state organizations of higher education.
- Graduates of military departments.
- Freed from appeal.
- Delayed and already reached 27 years.
- Not served on conscription without good reason and have already reached 27 years.
- Not to be called up and already reached 27 years.
However, further in Art. 55, it is noted that the following groups of citizens are never called to landfills:
- Representatives of state or local authorities.
- Employees of the Department of Internal Affairs, Fire Service, Customs, the penitentiary system and the National Guard troops.
- Persons involved in the civilian personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and military formations.
- Serving rail, sea, river and air transport.
- Engaged in sowing and harvesting.
- Students of full-time and part-time forms of education.
- Correspondence students, if they pass intermediate or final certification, as well as prepare a thesis.
- Parents of 3 or more children under the age of 18.
- Located outside the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Members of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly (but not deputies of the State Duma).
- Heads of entities, persons acting temporarily, or those who are presented as candidates for these posts (until such time as their persons are finally rejected).
- Passed alternative civil service.
It is important! The Russians, who have been transferred to the reserve, have the right to be exempted from military charges within 2 years, but only if they are not part of the mobilization human reserve.
However, in life the call of reservists in Russia turns out to be much more benign than it is described in the law. In fact, only a few thousand people receive agendas (from 5,000 to a couple of dozen depending on the need), and they are mostly those who already have any military or military accounting specialty: drivers, communications workers, gunners and many others.It was their retraining and advanced training that was always important for the state. Given the fact that from 2018 to 2028 the main focus in the armed sector, which will spend a total of 19 trillion. rubles, will be made on the development of robotic mechanisms, high-precision weapons and systems to counter nuclear threats, there is little doubt - ordinary citizens will hardly be attracted to retraining.
However, even those who fall under the call of the reserve in 2018, will not have to blame on their fate. Let it be as yet nothing is known about the regions, the number of men and their necessary professional specialization (the Ministry of Defense will announce this information later), yet such an event is already standard and well-established to talk about its key points. Thus, according to Putin’s decree, citizens will be predominantly from 22 to 40 years old, who, on average, will be cut off from their usual classes for 3-4 weeks to implement tactical and strategic exercises. At the same time, they will not only continue to receive wages from their superiors, but will also add to it the amount of money from the Ministry of Defense, depending on the military rank and position temporarily assigned to the training ground.
It is interesting! According to Art.57 of the federal law, at military assemblies, including and those that will be held in 2018, men will be able to achieve a new rank, but not above the "colonel or captain of the 1st rank." At the end of the planned event, they will go on a well-deserved rest, because for at least 3 years the next call will not affect them.
The attitude of the authorities to the mobilization is much more loyal than to the urgent service. That is why here it is assumed that a person may not come on the agenda, which, importantly, must be served exclusively under a personal signature. No alerts via telephone, Internet, friends or relatives are provided for at the legislative level. The reasons for non-attendance can be different: the presence of diseases, injuries, serious employment or other factors that the military commissariat or court recognize as respectful and sufficient. If a person does not appear at the call "just like that," the authorities will either take measures to transport him to the destination with the help of the police, or issue an administrative penalty - a warning or up to 500 rubles fine. No criminal liability for such an act will follow.