Why does the ficus shed leaves?
Ficuses are tropical plants thatgrow mainly in places with moist air, scattered sunlight and the necessary temperature regime. Very often, acquiring this plant, you can face rapid shattering of leaves, so many growers are thinking about why the ficus is shedding leaves.
Causes of leaf dropping
Among the main reasons why a plant can lose leaves, allocate:
- lighting. Since this plant is very fond of light, it should be placed in well-lit places, but not under direct sunlight. In winter, it is necessary to equip the room in which the plant is located, with additional light devices. With lack of light, the leaves become thin and begin to fall off.
- moving to another place or room. Change of place also has a detrimental effect on the plant, even if you transfer the plant from one room to another. Having bought Benjamin Ficus in the store, it is worthwhile to think about creating the same conditions (or very close to them) in the room in which the plant will be stored, since under adverse conditions it quickly drops leaves.
- draft. Ficus is a very whimsical plant, which is afraid of drafts and strong wind currents. It must be installed in places protected from drafts.
- temperature changes. A sharp change in the temperature regime can lead not only to the fact that the ficus turns yellow, but also discards the leaves. It is worth noting that the favorable temperature for growing this plant is 18-25 ° C.
- insects and pests. If all of the above reasons are excluded, then it is necessary to examine the leaflets and stem of the plant well, - probably, pests were planted on the ficus. To combat them, they recommend using special products that can be purchased at flower shops.
- violation of imbalance. If new leaves are small and fall off for no apparent reason, then it is necessary to transplant the plant into a larger pot or use mineral fertilizers as bait.
- natural dropping. If a plant drops leaves in the autumn-winter period, then this can be a natural process. In this case, not more than 20% of the leaves fall.
On the struggle against the shedding of leaves can be learned from the article Ficus sheds leaves: what to do.